February 23, 2004

It's great having this climbing walll right near the house. We all walked over to it today and climbed and talked and stood around communing with the neighbors. All of the kids love to climb on it, too. Needless to say, Berit is a a monkey and is doing tricks off of the top of the wall. Rowan is following close behind her, though I have to help her off the wall at times. She had gotten to the top this one time, and was frightened. I had her legs, and told her to let go, but she wouldn't believe me and was even more scared and gripped the wall all the more tightly. It ended in me pulling her off the wall, and her in tears. This is, I think the very essence of the difficulties I have with the kids. Instead of negotiating and rethinking my approach with them, I just kep asserting my position and butting heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment