March 7, 2008

What can I say except that there’s hardly anything I’d rather do than spend three days in Disney World with my son and my father. February was a perfect time to be there – hardly any lines, and the weather was beautiful.



Griffin had some idea about what he was going to, but I don’t think the sheer magnificence of the experience dawned on him until we arrived. It’s been a few days since our return now, and last night he told me that his favorite was “the log ride” (Splash Mountain). I know that he also loved Philharmagic and Kali River Rapids, both of which we did twice. He loved Mission: Space too, though he has also told me that it was a little scary.



The day after our return home, Griffin wore his mouse ears (Pirate-style, with “Griffin” artistically sewn into the back) and took his pearl to school for show-and-tell. The pearl experience was definitely a highlight – Griffin was utterly captivated that night in “Japan,” watching as oysters were selected and pried open to reveal their precious cargo, and then each pearl was measured, weighed, and delivered to the joyous recipient with a Japanese Taiko drumming accompaniment.



Other highlights included the jungle safari, during which I convinced Griffin to let me man the camera, while he merely checked on me now and again to make sure that I was indeed capturing all this, and Cici’s Pizza, where Griffin got to eat whatever he wanted, including four deserts and soda. My man was exhausted at the end of each day, as were Dad and I, though we didn’t let that stop us from making use of the pool.

We can hardly wait for Christmas 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment