May 31, 2013

The Summer of Chess


The Summer of Chess has begun. Well, it began on Wednesday - game one. We missed game two yesterday, but Griffin and I played again this morning. In fact, before I even got out of bed at 6:35, Griffin was standing in front of me, a black pawn in one fist and white in the other, making me choose. So I dress and we slop down some cereal as I quickly school my boy in the Way of the Pawn before I have to slide off to "work," as they call it.


Last night, Berit and Rowan were going to go out at midnight to meet friends to play flashlight tag. Pam’s feeling was that this would completely alright due to the fact that Berit - who is 15 now - has been perfectly trustworthy in her behavior. I was on the fence as to whether I needed to take a more conservative stance, but as usual I was easily swayed. I don’t think they went out, but I have no idea as I was studying the inside of my eyelids at that time.


Yeah, I’m starting this blog up again. I want to continue. how could I not? My first post here was 10 years ago on March 9, 2003: "If Jesus drinks hot lava, he will die." - Rowan

You can’t make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment