July 1, 2003

When I come home from work, all three of my kids rush to greet me with a hug. It's just about the coolest thing on the planet. Berit reaches me first, as usual, and I want to give her a big squeeze but I have to save an arm for Rowan, too. Don't want to leaver her out. I squeeze my two girls as generously as I can, before I have to scoop Mr. Griffin up into my arms.

Looks like Griffin's had a particularly nasty encounter with the concrete, today. The right side of his face beneath his eye is a big red abrasion. Apparently, he was doing his "Look at me - I'm Anti-Gravity Man!" impression on top of the picnic table and took a big woofer straight into the porch. What doesn't kill him will only make him stronger.

This is, of course, the wrong Daddy attitude, as I later learn from Pam's scowling when I don't give Griffin enough sympathy for another face plant later on this evening.

I lounge in the front yard, while Berit and Rowan perform a circus for me. Berit is doing tricks on her bike: riding one-handed, riding side-saddle, riding with no feet, etc... while Rowan is swooping about and menacing with a Samurai sword on the sidewalk.

"Wiya! Wiya! Wiya!" She swings the sword through the air, killing imaginary bad guys.

For books tonight, Berit read four of the beginning reader books I got her just brilliantly!! And Rowan is doing great at recognizing letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment