June 27, 2003

Rowan's been out of pull-ups, the night-time diapers for older kids, for a few days now. I'd say her dry/wet percentage is about 50%. It's usually a good idea for me to pick her up in the middle of the night and put her on the toilet. I didn't do that last night.

She came out of my bedroom this morning. (she had crawled into bed with me in the middle of the night as usual) with a look of controlled fear on her face and came straight to me.

"I will get a big towel, Daddy. I will get a big towel and clean up your bed."

I guess I haven't been very restrained sometimes when she's had an accident, and it was evident that she was afraid that I was going to get really mad at her for peeing in my bed. I felt horrible, and vowed to myself to control myself better, so that my children wouldn't have to fear my response in the future.

I love Rowan very much. I hugged her and told her it was ok, and that we'd find a towel to clean it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment