September 19, 2003

I think Berit felt bad about it, but she is emotionally mature in the telling.
"Maggie has turned Katelyn into a monster."
Pam and I pressed her for more details - what exactly does she mean by that?
"Here... I'll show you," she holds up each hand's index figure bent at the middle knuckle, the universal finger puppet. She bends each to make them talk.
"Hi Maggie.
"Hi Katelyn.
"You want to play?
"Sure, but let's not play with the others."

Berit is obviously upset about the situation. Pam and I advise her to play with the nice girls. Pam goes further than I to advise that she give Maggie and Katelyn a chance. I am of the opinion that she dismiss them utterly, but I don't say this. I don't imagine I've any skill at elementary school aged female politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment