June 13, 2003

And again. I don't even work today, but I'm reacting to the kids all over the place. I react to Griffin's fit; I get visibly upset when Berit whines "I don't want to go camping in the woods;" and when Rowan breaks down because contrary to what she wanted a moment ago, now she doesn't want Berit to help her make her bed, I get upset with her.

The common element here is me reacting. And I need to change it. Change it now when Berit is only 5, Rowan is only 3, and Griffin won't even remember me getting upset. I really do want to be the Buddha Dad. But how?

Pause when agitated. Take time out. Breathe. These are all really good things to say but not always as easy to apply. I want to apply them... I really do, but I seem to need more than that. Maybe it really is about prayer. Asking the universe to help me, reinforcing that I need the help. I think just praying and meditating on a regular basis would help me be in the mind frame to pause when agitated, take time out, breathe. I don't think writing about it hurts either, and I'll keep you posted how it goes. I'm going to start... now.

No comments:

Post a Comment