June 8, 2003

It's official - the training wheels are off! A momentous and proud moment in any parent's life. It may even be a personal victory, but I'm not sure. I've always remembered my parents telling me that I was only 4 years old when I first rode the two-wheeler... remembered it with pride. Berit is 5 and has now cleared that hurdle. She's very excited about it, too.

I was glad that she could go from the initial removal of the training wheels to full on independence without having to meet the asphalt face to face. It just made the transition that much quicker and less painful

My other daughter, Rowan is 3, and just beginning to cruise on the old tricycle. She started taking well to Berit's razor scooter today, so we'll just keep on that and see.

Griffin, my one year old son will be on a skateboard at 2, no doubt, and will certainly be the cause of many nail-bitingly anxiety-ridden parental moments. But I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment